SST 12 - "How to think outside the box" by Georges Saab, Beirut
10:00 - 13:00 05 October 2019
This event is for our Beirut-based scholars only.
For any enquiries, please contact Lara Koro, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Upwards management concerns more people than team management:
o Each manager has at least 4 to 6 employees
o Each manager has a manager (or almost)
• Yet, there is no program on upwards management; there are plenty of programs on how to
• Today, most of us wait to be managed by our bosses, thinking we have no power to reverse
At the end of the workshop, you will be aware of the benefits of upward management and will
be able to:
• Enhance the quality of your day-to-day interactions with your manager
• Help your manager be more effective
• Build constructive relationship with your manager on the short term, and boost your career
on the long term
• Setting the scheme (includes a situational case)
• Proposed approach dealing with each of the 6 main types of managers:
o The telling traits
o The 7 dos
o The 3 don’ts
o Assess your tolerance
o The secret strategy
• The ‘ideal’ leader and how to help each type of manager reach full potential
About Social Skills Training
As part of our commitment to our scholars, we will be running the Social Skills Training program this year to help them improve their social skills. The program will be run by professional coaches who have extensive experience in personal development training.
Social skills are the life skills we use every day to communicate and interact with other people, both individually and in groups. People who have worked on developing strong social skills are usually more successful in both their professional and personal lives.
Employers often seek to hire staff with 'strong interpersonal skills' - they want people who will work well in teams and able to communicate effectively with colleagues, customers and clients.
People aren’t born with good communication skills; like any other skill, they are learned through trial and error and repeated practice.
The training will be divided into modules. Each module will cover a different social skill ranging from “Business Etiquette”, “Public Speaking”, “Interpersonal Communication”, “Time and Stress Management”, Resume writing, etc.