SST 10 - "Public speaking" by Roula Eid Sawan, Beirut
10:00 - 13:00 20 July 2019
This event is for our Beirut-based scholars only.
For any enquiries, please contact Lara Koro, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Overcome your fear in front of a group
• Use verbal and non-verbal communication to enhance your speech
• Capture and maintain audience’s attention
• Structure your speech properly and get the best outcome
• Be aware about what to wear and what to eat before the delivery
• Know the good posture to maintain the audience attention
• Find our best voice tone and enhance it to be powerful
• Use properly gestures and movement to be effective during the presentation (Facial
expression, using the space, dealing with objects and technology,…)
1. Speech structure
2. Tips for a good intro & conclusion
3. What should I put in the body of my speech
4. Vocal variety exercises and body Language importance
5. Prepare the elevator speech
6. Record the speech and then watch it with colleagues
7. Get Feedback (points to enhance and others that I did right)
About Social Skills Training
As part of our commitment to our scholars, we will be running the Social Skills Training program this year to help them improve their social skills. The program will be run by professional coaches who have extensive experience in personal development training.
Social skills are the life skills we use every day to communicate and interact with other people, both individually and in groups. People who have worked on developing strong social skills are usually more successful in both their professional and personal lives.
Employers often seek to hire staff with 'strong interpersonal skills' - they want people who will work well in teams and able to communicate effectively with colleagues, customers and clients.
People aren’t born with good communication skills; like any other skill, they are learned through trial and error and repeated practice.
The training will be divided into modules. Each module will cover a different social skill ranging from “Business Etiquette”, “Public Speaking”, “Interpersonal Communication”, “Time and Stress Management”, Resume writing, etc.