Luncheon with Neil Hayward, Dubai
12:30 - 14:30 18 April 2019
For any enquiries, please contact email@example.com
Please join us for a luncheon with
Managing Director and Co-Head of Alvarez and Marsal Middle East
“Restructuring Landscape in the Region - Challenges and Opportunities”
On Thursday 18th April 2019
At Capital Club
Gate Village, Building 3
We look forward to seeing you there!
To confirm your attendance, kindly book online
Log-in using your LIFE credentials - to reset password please click here
About our speaker:
Neil Hayward is a Managing Director with Alvarez & Marsal Middle East. He brings 20 years of experience in turnarounds and restructurings and was named among the top 20 of Global Restructuring Review's list of "The New Restructuring Advisors.“. He is a senior adviser to boards, management teams, banks, bond holders and governments in relation to turnaround or distressed situations. Mr. Hayward has been based at various times in London, New York and now the United Arab Emirates and has worked on projects across the U.S., Canada, the U.K., France, Germany, Spain, Sweden, Norway and the Middle East. He has worked with clients across a range of industries, including oil and gas, construction, retail, food manufacturing and financial services and is an expert in restructuring both conventional finance and Islamic finance facilities.
- Advised a MENA based media company in their operational turnaround plan including strategic options assessment, content planning and profitability improvement.
- Financial and operational turnaround of a KSA based hotel and entertainment company. Identified and implementing improvements to deliver 37% increase in EBITDA.
- Advised the management and shareholders of a facilities management group in the UAE in their turnaround plan and is currently working on the implementation of a series of initiatives to increase profits by 8 percentage points.
- Transformation of a family business with the aim of increasing profits and corporatizing the business to ensure acquisition finance could be repaid. One workstream delivered a 43% increase in sales.
- Advised a Middle Eastern construction company with operations in KSA, UAE, Oman, Qatar, and other Middle East Countries on the restructuring of their $2.2bn of debt, including winding down non performing subsidiaries.
- Improved financiers' returns by more than $680 million in the successful restructuring of Amlak Finance's $2.85 billion Islamic finance facilities.
- Advised the local and international lenders in the $4.35 billion restructuring of the Al Jaber group, a Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) based family group focused on construction, real estate and transportation.
- Worked for the Government of Dubai in 2010/2011 advising them on the restructuring of Dubai World, Dry Docks World and Nakheel, and the restructurings of their subsidiary companies such as Loehmanns.
Previous professional experience
- Restructuring Partner, PwC Middle East.
Background / other activities
- Mr. Hayward carries the ACA (Chartered Accountant qualification) as a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW). He holds a Master of Engineering with French degree from the University of Nottingham including a year at the Institut National des Sciences Appliquées de Toulouse (INSA Toulouse).